We seek to incarnate Christ sacrificially and intentionally in life-on-life relationships so that others can taste, smell, see, and experience Christ and begin conversations exploring God. We also mentor leaders, churches, and missionaries toward similar missional effectiveness.
Our goal is simple—to expand the Kingdom of God—and together we commit to:
- Partner with our neighbors in transforming our communities
- Relate and share our pilgrimage with people towards Christ
- Create fresh expressions of Biblical faith communities that are culturally relevant to our contexts
- Empower like-minded leaders in fresh expressions and communities in their cities
By 2020, Communitas aims to create multiple, revolutionary communities of transformation in culturally influential cities in America and internationally.
In New Orleans we currently serve as three distinct communities: Faubourg Marigny, Faubourg Bayou St. John, and as the "Gentilly Community" in Faubourg Audobon and Faubourg Freret.
The rhythm that we center our lives around in New Orleans involves:
- Weekly prayer, Eucharist, and journey with God through his Word
- Weekly team coordination
- Weekly mentoring within our community
- Weekly learning community
- Matthew's Table – Inviting others to join us for a fun night of food and conversation each week
- Day Out – Participating in the celebrations of our city’s unique culture
- Serving – Multiple shared meals and the 3rd place; weekly faith community together, including any who desire to join us
In Valparaiso, Indiana our community serves inmates in a local prison and helps transition these men and women back into the community. Creating community within the prisons has seen literally scores of inmates come to Christ. The after support helps these people assimilate into the body of Christ and succeed, now as followers of Jesus.
To engage those beyond the reach of the church