In Japan today:
- Fewer than 1% of the population is Christian.
- Has deep social problems: 30,000+ suicides/yr, school bullying, rapidly aging society (33% are over age 60).
- Political and racial tensions are rising in the region.
Fukuoka is a strategic city — Japan’s closest major city to Korea and China, a port city on the southern island of Kyushu, home to 1.5 million people, and is called “the silicon valley of Japan” (CNN News, 2016) and a budding startup hub for new type of businesses.
We envision a disciple-making movement emerging in Fukuoka, and streams of disciple makers sent from Fukuoka to other parts of Japan, Asia and beyond.
We seek God’s heart to:
- Invest in neighborhoods through prayer, community events, meeting practical needs, and “being present” to our neighbors.
- Work with local leaders through coaching/mentoring/training to mobilize them for God’s harvest.
- Collaborate with international sites in order to create cross-cultural ministry opportunities
- Provide mission strategies and grassroots training in Japan and other Asian countries.
Join us: Pray for Japan video (from prayercast.com)
To empower emerging leaders so that reconciliation, redemption, and renewal may come to the people of Japan and beyond